Monday, December 26, 2011

Going SCCA Production Car Racing


I have always been in love with the SCCA - warts and all - and have been thinking for some time now about racing with the club in something more modern. The MG's days in club racing are behind it and I'm still very young - young enough to learn a new car.



So, a couple of weeks aover the summer, I bought a FP Miata out of Texas and planned to run up here in the DC Region for a while. I raced it in September and finished well placing second in the Labor Day race and overall, enjoying a competitive and maintenance free weekend.

I sold this particular car a few months later, because it was not the best platform for me to use as I launch into another chapter of my racing career. I did sell it to another racer in the area, so I expect to see it again soon. I then bought a roller out of NC owned by David Bryson. This car was a top notch, no expense spared effort, so I'm happy with my foundation.



Jesse Prather Motorsports (http://www.jesseprathermotorsports.com/) has built the motor, transmission and suspension and Third Wave Digital has signed up to sponsor the car in the 2012 SCCA DC Region's Mid-Atlantic Road Racing Series (MARRS).


In the coming weeks and months, I'll post updates of the car, the build and the progress we make as we prepare to embark on what we hope to be a successful 2012 racing series.


Special thanks to my friends at Third Wave Digital (http://www.thirdwavedigital.com/).

No comments: